Get your original paper written from scratch starting at just $10 per page with a plagiarism report and free revisions included!
SHRM’s Social-Media Presence
Members of the Society of Human Resource Management can connect with the organization’s resources and with one another online, thanks to several applications of social media:
• SHRM has a Twitter account (http://twitter.com/shrm), so members can sign up for the group’s Twitter feed.
• At the SHRM website, the SHRM Blog (http://blog.shrm.org) gives members a place to read the organization’s latest thoughts and get involved in the conversation by reading and posting comments.
• Also at the website, SHRM has established its own member sonly social network called SHRM Connect (http:// community .shrm.org). Those who join the network can meet other SHRM members online and trade ideas. SHRM’s features include search capabilities and e-mail alerts so members can look up and be aware of discussions on topics of interest.
• Another way to participate in member discussions at the website is to visit HR Talk (http:// shrm.org/hrtalk), a discussion forum where members can post questions and answers in various HR subject areas.
• SHRM has a members-only group on LinkedIn, the careers networking site. The SHRM Group has more than 2,000 members.
1. Do you use Twitter or LinkedIn? Would you be interested in seeing career-related information in social media such as these?
2. How might participating in online discussion groups help you in your career?