Jamie Wong is thinking of building an investment portfolio containing two stocks, L and M. Stock L will represent 25% of the dollar value of the portfolio, and stock M will account for the other 75%. The historical retums over the next 6 years, 2013-20 for each of these stocks are shown in the following table:
– Calculate the actual portfolio return, p: for each of the 6 years.
– . Calculate the expected value of portfolio returns, p over the 6-year period.
–Calculate the standard deviation of expected portfolio returns, o,i’ over the 6-year period.
– How would you characterize the correlation of returns of the two stocks L and M?
– Discuss any benefits of diversification achieved by Jamie through creation of the portfolio.